Filing A Roof Insurance Claim In The
McDonough Area? We Can Help.
We’ll Perform An Accurate Damage Estimate
& Help You Get The Most From Your Claim.
If your roof sustains damage from a storm or sudden accident, your homeowner’s insurance should take care of everything… right?
Technically, it should. But that doesn’t mean it will.
That’s because your interests and your insurance company’s interests aren’t necessarily the same.
You want the proper amount of money to restore your roof back to its condition before the damage.
Your insurance company wants to keep their costs as low as possible (they’re not a charity, after all!).
We’re not saying insurance companies are only out to stiff you. We just want you to realize that getting what you truly deserve from your claim—or even getting your claim approved—can be an uphill battle.
That’s where we come in.
We’re The Roofer That Can Even The Playing Field
Navigating a roof insurance claim can be a daunting task. If you don’t know the rules and right questions to ask, your odds of getting the claim you deserve PLUMMET.
But with Stress-Free Roofing in your corner, you won’t have to worry.
We assist homeowners in McDonough and the surrounding areas who need help filing a claim. And we do it thoroughly, accurately, and correctly.
We can guide you through the claim-filing steps and conduct a comprehensively documented damage analysis. We’ll explore every nook and cranny of your roof to determine the true extent of the damage (which may be MUCH more than what you can see). Using our expertise, we’ll ensure our analysis is 100% fair, comprehensive, and accurate.
Potential Problems When Filing A Roof Insurance Claim
It’s best to have a roofing company by your side during the claim process. But not all roofers are insurance-claims experts… nor do they maintain the highest integrity standards.
With that in mind, here are a few things warning signs to avoid a roofer:
- If the roof promises you a “free roof” or offers to pay your deductible. In Georgia, it’s illegal for a roofer to pay a homeowner’s deductible. That’s insurance fraud… and under the law, you could be implicated!
- If the roofer is a “storm chaser.” These guys roll into a city after a big storm and go door to door offering to file insurance claims. According to the Georgia Department Of Insurance, storm chasers commonly use aggressive and manipulative tactics to compel homeowners to make unneeded repairs and commit insurance fraud.
- If the roofer offers to file the insurance claim on your behalf. In Georgia, only a licensed public adjuster can file a roof insurance claim on behalf of a homeowner. While we can perform a damage assessment and help you navigate the claim process, we cannot file the claim or negotiate with your insurance company for you.
One last issue we want to bring up with the claim process is the quality of the adjuster. Like roofers, not all claims adjusters are created equal. Here are a few things to be on the lookout for:
- The adjuster mistakes hail damage (covered by insurance) with “blistering” from poor attic ventilation (not covered by insurance). If the adjuster makes this mistake, your insurance company will deny your claim.
- The adjuster doesn’t know how to tell the difference between true storm damage (covered by insurance) and normal wear and tear (not covered by insurance).
- The adjuster doesn’t have a background or experience in roofing claims.
This is why it’s so important to have an expert like Stress-Free Roofing in your corner. We can meet with the adjuster and provide our expert analysis to ensure you get the full amount you deserve.